THING 6. Learn about RSS and google reader.Why? To save time and have new stuff come to you.
You have a gmail account, so you have a google reader account. To go to it from gmail.com, select More > Reader. The first time you use it, you will need to sign in.
You will need to add some feeds for it to be useful. This Thing shows you three ways to subscribe to RSS feeds. Once you have a couple of feeds set up, you should poke about to find out things like how to put feeds into folders, how to add a star and how to mark all feeds as read.
There will not always be an obvious RSS button to click on , so try each one of these three ways to add a feed. Method 3 is the one that works best for the blogs staff are creating for the 23 Things.
1. Go to librariesinteract.info
Method 1: Subscribe using the feed button
- Left click on the feed icon and follow the prompts until you get to "subscribe in google reader"
Method 2: Cut and paste the feed link
- Right click on the feed icon and select "Copy Link Location"
- Go to "add a subscription" in google reader and paste in the link
Method 3: Cut and paste the URL for the page
- Copy the URL from the address bar in your browser window
- Go to "add a subscription" and paste in the link
- (This is what you do when you HOPE that a page has an RSS feed and cannot find an icon anywhere )