Thanks very much to Stephen Abram for launching Murdoch University Library 23 Things with this video that we recorded on 31 August 2007.
If you are reading this in your aggregator and the embedded video doesn't display, here' s the link, Stephen Abram launches Murdoch University Library 23 Things. The background noise is people cleaning up after a seminar and starting the dishwasher.
Stephen Abram is Vice President of Innovation at Sirsi-Dynix, spends a lot of time looking at the future of libraries. He wrote one of the seminal works about Library 2.0 Web 2.0, Library 2.0, and Librarian 2.0: Preparing for the 2.0 World
In this clip, he answers these questions:
1. What are the big changes for libraries that a 23 Things program addresses?
2. What would you say to staff who are trying to fit a 23 Things program into their workday?
3. What's your favourite web tool ?
4. What's your favourite use of a Web 2.0 tool in libraries?
5. What would you say to a group of staff about to embark on a Learning 2.0 / 23 Things programme?
Sites mentioned in the video are:
- Stephen's Lighthouse
- Learning 2.0
- Sirsi-Dynix Institute
- Special Libraries Association
- Second Life
- Google reader
- Ann Arbor Library
- What John Blyberg did at Ann Arbor
- The wall of books
- Western Trails project
- Interesting things in Wyoming
- American memory project at Library of Congress
- Ancestors in your attic